United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values – Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Wholesale Bank function operates a dynamic business model that provides financial services and solutions to help our clients achieve their strategic business objectives. Our mission is to become the premier-provider of banking services and solutions for Asia-based commercial banking companies (small medium enterprises), large corporations, financial institutions as well as multinational corporations. Our coverage teams work in full alignment with specialised teams across Transaction Banking, Investment Banking, Global Markets and Group Retail to deliver seamless solutions to our clients.
As part of the Documentation Unit, you will be involved in documentation support to business units in Group Wholesale Banking (primarily Corporate Banking Singapore) and will be liaising with external solicitors, the Relationship Managers in Group Wholesale Banking and officers from various departments in the Bank including Group Legal and Credit Administration and Control.
In this role, you are required to:
• Draft and/or vet letters of offers and term sheets to ensure that all approved terms and conditions for the banking facilities and the Bank’s standard requirements are accurately incorporated
• Liaise with the Bank’s external solicitors on all aspects of loan and security documentation.
• Exercise sound judgment in negotiating commercial and legal terms and conditions with customers and their solicitors
• Discuss and resolve issues with Relationship Managers and make meaningful recommendations for approval by the Bank’s internal approving authorities
• Ensure proper and timely completion of the required documentation and strict adherence to the Bank’s policies, procedures and guidelines on loan and security documentation
• Work and resolve issues with all relevant departments in the Bank to ensure timely implementation of banking facilities
• A recognized university degree
• Minimum 5 years of relevant experience with proven track record in documentation work, preferably from a similar documentation unit/team
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Meticulous, self-driven and a team player
• Able to work under pressure and deliver within deadlines