The incumbent will manage all risk aspects of cards and loans portfolio. Key dimensions include:
- Analyze the total unsecured portfolio trend and patterns, evaluate information from multiple sources in order to maintain potentially complex and dynamic work flows for managing risk in pro-active basis. Ensure no surprises in managing risk.
- Use leading indicator to understand market trends and adapt business strategy accordingly.
- Risk Appetite framework definition and analysis; benchmark formulation; bureau and score use strategies, profitability analysis. Preparation of RAF, generation of benchmarks analysis by business and risk segments, definition of target market.
- Supporting profitable growth of the Cards and Loans products in the cluster: evaluation of business proposals, communication of policy changes. Ensure alignment of policies between products (cards and loans) as well as countries (UAE and BH). Identify new opportunities by constantly reevaluating old credit policies and processes. Design and execute tests that will enable future growth, strategy optimization, expense savings, or process enhancements. Full P&L evaluation to ensure optimizing balance between risk and rewards
- Monitor and validate credit policies across program and customer lifecycle. Develop tracking standards and review actual results versus forecasts with full analyses of any variances. Perform root-cause analysis to for any segment that is underperforming against expectations.
- Ensure understanding of credit policies across the organization by conducting training for credit operations officers/ customer service/ sales/ etc
- Ensure compliance with Global Policy and relevant risk related regulations; ensure compliance with local regulation.
- Ensure and prepare that the adequate infrastructure (scorecards, systems, validations, MIS etc) is in place to properly manage the portfolio.
- Define/enrich credit verification process/policy. Ensure controls over implementation of policy. Collectively manage end to end first party fraud prevention with Fraud risk management through velocity checks. Define companies listing policy and verification methods.
- Work cross-functionally with key business partners to support all acquisition and portfolio management campaigns.
- ME cluster offers a unique opportunity of learning. Business dynamics differ across all market in the cluster and at the same time differ from all other EMEA/APAC countries. Market dynamics and customer profile are different due to market peculiarities.
- Opportunity to work in an investment to grow market with significant potentials.
- It’s an opportunity to enhance a way to think differently. To develop and learn how to manage simultaneously product and geography.
- Opportunity to work in multicultural diverse environment
Knowledge And Experience
- At least 3 years of experience in cards/loans policy or consumer risk management.
- Strong understanding of risk management and business strategies/ actions as well as Credit Bureau.
- Extensive understanding of the full credit life cycle with a particular focus on implementation and analytics.
- Ability to develop and perform analysis that addresses concerns and issues in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to manage self and projects effectively in a high pressure organization with multiple deadlines.
- Ability to develop partnerships across multiple business and functional areas.
- Proficient in SQL, SAS – Requires at least 3 years of experience in SAS
- Excellent proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Power point & Word)
- Strong quantitative & analytic skills and excellent analytical thinking.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to communicate to widespread audiences and project teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence across teams.
- Inspired by sane ethic principles, have a high degree of professionalism and business etiquette. Independent thinker.
- Display flexibility to work well with varying personal styles and tight deadlines.
- Bachelors or higher degree in analytical field and/or relevant work experience.
- Overall understanding of Acquisition and Maintenance policies and processes.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills. Builds strong working relationships within and outside work group.
- Strong multi-tasking abilities and results oriented.
- Incorporate Risk/Reward logic to all decision making. Good working knowledge of a P and L and an understanding of the levers impacting profit and risk. Ability to create “what if” scenarios.
- Develop, validate risk model and evaluate its effectiveness. Understand the impact on policy decisions or directions on risk.
- Sense of ownership and entrepreneurship in managing day to day business as well as establish and manage towards medium long term objectives.
- Ability to define and think process wise in order to ensure flawless execution of strategies.
- Ability to create and enhance policy and processes.