Brambles companies, including CHEP, help move more goods to more people, in more places than any other organisation on earth. Our 330 million pallets, crates and containers are continuously in motion, forming the invisible backbone of the global supply chain and the world’s biggest brands trust us to help them transport their goods more efficiently, sustainably and safely. As pioneers of the sharing economy, Brambles created one of the world’s most sustainable logistics businesses through the share and reuse of its platforms under a model known as ‘pooling’. Brambles primarily serves the fast-moving consumer goods (e.g. dry food, grocery, and health and personal care), fresh produce, beverage, retail and general manufacturing industries. The Group employs more than 10,000 people and operates in over 60 countries with its largest operations in North America and Western Europe. For further information, please visit www.brambles.com
Brambles and CHEP provide you unparalleled opportunities to advance and accelerate your career. You’ll be joining an international growth organization with a pioneering, circular business model. You’ll be working for a company that is changing the way goods get to market. You’ll become part of an efficient and collaborative global team making a real contribution to a smarter, more sustainable future. For more on how Brambles growth companies can accelerate your career, visit https://careers.brambles.com/
Function/Department : FINANCE
Position Title & Location : Senior Finance Analyst – FP&A , Dubai
Position Purpose : The position is responsible for driving and executing all FP&A related activities within the IMETA FP&A team, including but not limited to Long Term Planning, Annual Budgeting, Forecasting, Standard & Group Reporting, Projects and other Business Support & Analysis activities as required. The position will focus on executing standard processes whilst partnering up with relevant business units, based on maintaining internal service levels.
This position will provide input and reliable support over a range of Planning and Reporting activities, Performance Management as well as other Management Information required across all sectors of IMETA and Brambles with a strong focus on ensuring the integrity and relevance of the financial information, reporting and key metrics produced, as well as communicate standardised methodology across the business, whilst conforming to global requirements.
Major/Key Accountabilities :
Finance Planning & Reporting:
- Provide key stakeholders with financial and statistical reporting and information that meets quality standards; is relevant and accurate; distributed on time and maintain the confidentiality of this information. These include, but not limited to the update, analysis, review, maintenance and reporting of company metrics, supply chain reporting, performance dashboards, summary financials, cost center reports and other key financial metric tools.
- Drives the delivery and execution of reporting deliverables, internal and external, pertaining to budgets, quarter end forecasts, flash reports & strategic plan reporting.
- Drives the execution and completion of regional Business Performance Review packs (BPR), conforming to internal & external service level standards, and within the group reporting timelines.
- Drives the execution of the Annual Budgeting and Quarterly Forecasting processes within the region to provide performance targets.
- Supports the production of long-term planning to provide a robust and timely Strategic Plan.
- Planning, coordination, collation and update of financial information from various sources to support the planning processes for quarterly forecasting, annual budgets and strategic planning.
- Creating standard templates, models and other tools to support the business to input into all planning activities.
- Responsible for the execution of other Business Support & Analysis activities to efficiently serve internal customers.
- Drive the FP&A outputs through the implementation and application of standard tools and processes to simplify operations and facilitate best practice sharing across the business.
- Development and generation of standard and ad-hoc Finance reports to serve customers and fulfil internal service levels.
- Support and input into the delivery of all FP&A systems implementations.
- Function at an “Expert User” level for all FP&A systems including but not limited to HFM (BRACS), BW, SAP Analytics Cloud (PPM), SharePoint.
- Function as a systems trainer to the regional BU for all end users utilising FP&A related systems. This includes support, understanding training gaps, and mitigating plans to ensure end users are fully proficient in using the systems effectively.
- Supporting UAT and regression testing for any ongoing FP&A system changes, upgrades, maintenance and enhancements including but not limited to BW, SharePoint, Hyperion Financial Management, and SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC).
- Support and input into the delivery of all FP&A related projects & process improvement initiatives.
- Setting up of robust timetables, action plans & trackers to manage workflow and to manage performance for all planning and reporting related activities.
- Partnering with the business to ensure all planning and reporting expectations are delivered as well as an effective performance management of BU operations. This will include support with data analytics to better understand costs drivers & trends to support business decision making.
- Document assumptions, procedures, and the creation of SOP’s & user guides as well as communicating relevant methodology to the business where appropriate.
- Perform any ad hoc tasks or projects assigned by Finance Management.
CHEP’s business is of a service nature where customer satisfaction and market responsiveness are critical determinants of success.
The position of Senior Finance Analyst – FP&A, is an outfacing role, concentrating on providing information to improve business efficiency and providing services to all aspects of the business. The business has been tasked to achieve significant growth in Revenue, Profits and Cash over the next few years and this is likely to continue into the future.
The provision of timeous and accurate information is vital in order for the business to be able to make prompt and informed decisions. Sound judgement and business acumen is required in critically evaluating and reviewing the integrity financial data, reports and analyzing inputs and outputs. The drive to improve business efficiencies and productivity requires a thorough understanding of our business processes and cost drivers.
The Senior Finance Analyst is expected to assist in facilitating the improvement in our reporting information and in contributing to productivity initiatives across the entire business by providing relevant and accurate information and reporting, with a strong attention to detail and strict adherence to timelines, as well as performance & maintaining a wide range of planning and reporting activities within the department, with following challenges:
- Knowledge of multiple systems
- Complex supply chains
- Conflicting priorities and deadlines
- Communication and co-operation across functions
- Continuously changing business requirements
- Designing creative and efficient system solutions
- Working across different time-zones
- Variations in business working hours and weeks across the different regions
- Language and cultural variations
- Excessive workload over peak periods.
This is a challenging role that will require proficiency in change management, as well as multi-platform, multi country businesses and finance systems and expert skillsets in MS Excel.
Tertiary Financial Qualification:
- Minimum – Bachelor’s Degree or Honours in Finance/Accounting or in a relevant finance technical discipline.
- Advantageous – CIMA qualified Management Accountant
- 5 years+ in Finance (Management Accounting & Financial Accounting)
- Preference will be given to candidates having previous experience in the FP&A discipline for a large multi-national company.
- Strong experience in driving Budgeting, Planning and Forecasting within a large multinational.
- Strong experience with constructing Business Performance Review / Management Reporting packs independently and across complex business operations and working environments.
- Use of KPI’s, Dashboards and Metrics Reporting
- Development of Dashboards and reporting using advanced MS Excel
- Proficiency in data manipulation, interpretation and analysis
- Finance Systems implementation (advantageous)
Skills and Knowledge :
- Computerised Information Systems
- Advanced Excel – incl. Pivot Tables & linked files (non-negotiable)
- Advanced PowerPoint (non-negotiable)
- Excellent oral and written English skills essential
- SharePoint (as an expert user would be advantageous)
- Business Warehouse (as a super user would be advantageous)
- Budget Planning and Forecasting Methods
- HFM Enterprise Oracle
- SAP Analytics Cloud
We’re excited you’re here to learn how we’ll leverage our family of growth companies to accelerate your career. Brambles companies employ more than 14,500 people in over 60 countries, committed to connecting people to life’s essentials, every day. Our people are shaping a smarter, more sustainable future by changing the way business makes, moves and sells goods in every corner of the world. We look forward to helping you become one of them. HTTPS://careers.brambles.com/
Desired Skills and Experience
• Minimum – Bachelor’s Degree or Honours in Finance/Accounting or in a relevant finance technical discipline.
• Advantageous – CIMA qualified Management Accountant
• 5 years+ in Finance (Management Accounting & Financial Accounting)
• Preference will be given to candidates having previous experience in the FP&A discipline for a large multi-national company.
• Strong experience in driving Budgeting, Planning and Forecasting within a large multinational.
• Strong experience with constructing Business Performance Review / Management Reporting packs independently and across complex business operations and working environments.
• Use of KPI’s, Dashboards and Metrics Reporting
• Development of Dashboards and reporting using advanced MS Excel
• Proficiency in data manipulation, interpretation and analysis
• Finance Systems implementation (advantageous)