Senior Accounts Payable Accountant – Male Emirati National Only
Abu Dhabi, UAE Key Responsibilities
• Manages the activities of the payable section on a daily basis and ensures it is in compliance with established policy and procedures.
• Prepare accounts payable reconciliation summary.
• Register invoices received from the vendors in the system and record the invoice receipt date.
• Prepares payable ageing analysis report based on the information maintained in database and identifies causes for delay in payments.
• Prepare cheques from the ERP system and notify the vendors to collect their cheques.
• Manages collection of approved copies of Purchase Order/Service Order/Contracts and acknowledgement receipts and compares for accuracy of invoices prior to filing.
• Tracks the dates on approved invoices by the Quantity Surveyors and the payment due dates and obtains confirmation of the Invoice from the Project Manager prior to payment.
• Maintains files of the Invoice, Delivery Note, Purchase Order/Service Order/Contract, payment voucher and copies of cheques and receipts and records all details of the invoices in the database.
• Maintains the Journal Voucher, reviews discrepancies and reconciliation of the Suppliers’ statement for the review of the Financial Controller and Finance Manager.
• Prepares list of recurring expenses and identifies goods and services which have been received by the company but for which invoices have not been received or approved.
• Review petty cash expense statement and bank guarantee statement.
• Maintains the details of all prepayments in a spreadsheet and identifies the value of prepaid expenses to be accounted as expenses at the end of each month by preparing a schedule.
• Reviews Petty Cash Expense Statements for accuracy and verifies replenishment requests.
• Manually verifies invoices not supported by LPO before forwarding to the Finance Controller and ensures they are recorded after the Financial Controller’s approval.
• Works in compliance of all accounts payable procedures within the required time frame.
• Ensures timely settlement of Suppliers Invoices and Expenses.
• Performs any other relevant task as directed by CFO or Finance Manager.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent
• 5-7 years experience with at least 2 years of relevant accounting experience Skills/Attributes
• Planning and Organizing
• Technical Accounting and Commercial Acumen
• Analytical and Eye for detail
• Interpersonal and Communication