- Job role
– Monitor and test effectiveness of policies, procedures, and internal controls which are designed to assess company’s compliance with applicable regulatory requirements.
– Develop compliance risk assessments to address regulatory risks for associated compliance programs.
– Monitor the implementation of corrective actions and escalate when appropriate.
– Oversee on-site exams (e.g. banking and third party due diligence reviews) and all internal and external audits and certification programs.
– Collaborate with lines of business to enhance compliance and risk engine to meet changing legal and regulatory requirements and satisfy business needs.
– Serve as subject matter expert to lines of business to determine compliance requirements in products and address existing and emerging compliance risks.
– Promote a culture of compliance across the organization.
– Advise and guide lines of business and staff in complying with applicable regulatory requirements and internal policies and procedures.
– Alert leadership and the CLO about emerging regulatory developments and potential impact through regular reporting to senior management, with risk-based focus.
– Minimum of 5 years of experience in Compliance, Risk, or internal audit.
– Demonstrated knowledge and application of consumer protection laws and regulations.
– Demonstrated knowledge of regulatory risks, processes and controls.
– Strong knowledge of control frameworks and the ability to design and evaluate the effectiveness of controls embedded within business processes.
– Strong project management, critical thinking and analytical skills.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present complex and sensitive issues to senior management in a clear and persuasive manner.
– Additional experience in Operations a plus. CRCM, CAMS a plus, but not required.