The Operations Regulatory Control group is a centralized unit within ICG O&T that is responsible for the oversight of day to day compliance for regulatory reporting including exception management and risk mitigation for the following areas:
- MiFID II Transaction Reporting obligations to National Competent Authorities;
- EMIR Reporting obligation to the FCA
- Oversight and reporting to numerous other regulatory bodies and/or Debt Management Offices
The team is responsible for the review, action (including re-submission) and oversight of daily Trade, Position and Transaction exception reporting data.
The team works very closely with Compliance, Business, Technology and Operations to interpret, investigate and remediate regulatory issues.
Role / Position Overview
The role of the Operations Risk Intmd Analyst is to provide support to the oversight and exception management processes supported by the ORC team in Belfast.
Review of trade, position and transaction reporting validation and reconciliation exceptions pertaining to trade / transaction data submitted to regulators (including FCA, PRA, CBI and BOE).
The individual will be responsible for working collaboratively with Operations, Technology, and key business stakeholders to maintain a strong working relationship and a best in class approach to proactive exception management.
Key tasks to involve the oversight of exceptions management processes within the Reporting team in Belfast, and working in conjunction with Senior Management in London to highlight issues and raise solutions through interpretation of submitted data.
- Oversight of the ORC Reporting processes relating to the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive II (MiFID II)
- Investigation of issues arising from the MiFID Reporting processes and escalation to management where appropriate
- Extensive liaison with internal customers, notably IT, Front Office, Middle Office and Compliance Management, foster partnership with key contacts with open and honest feedback
- Identification of areas for improving existing processes and controls
- Work collaboratively with Change Management team and Quality Assurance team, to continually challenge and improve reporting process, articulating process risks
- Self-starter, able to work on initiative and organise themselves well;
- Good interpersonal communication skills which will be required for both internal and external business partners;
- Pro-active, likely to instigate change;
- Able to build effective working relationships quickly and maintain them;
- Focused on providing a high standard of service to clients;
- Great attention to detail;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Resilient and tenacious;
- Excellent time management and strong understanding of managing priority items in a day to day business environment
- GSCE, “A” Level standard or equivalent
- Good numeric and analytical skills
- Bachelors degree
- Industry exams e.g. FSA module exams or a full affiliate status