Role Summary: Executes complex transactions involving the receipt or disbursement of money to branch customers and records transactions in accordance with well-defined policies and procedures. The incumbent is also responsible for managing and training the team of tellers to deliver cash related services to customers over the counter in an efficient, courteous and error-free manner.
- Assist Branch Manager to implement strategies and plans of the branch to achieve all volume, revenue, profit targets.
- Leadbranch cash and other teller-related transactions in a timely and efficient manner to facilitate achievement of pre-approved branch targets.
- Provide timely and accurate information to the external and internal auditors and the Compliance function as and when required.
- Verifies cash drawer and accepts various types of payments.
- Train or coach new or less experienced tellers.
- Manage counter loads by assessing the over the counter situation and distribute the load accordingly to reduce customer waiting periods.
- Overall responsibility for all transactions processed within the teller area and for safe custody of the cash.
- Ensure that tellers process transactions (cash, checks, remittance requests, utility bills, credit card payments etc) in compliance with the approved policies/ procedures and the applicable regulatory guidelines.
- Authorise transactions that exceed the individual tellers authority but are within the authority delegated to the incumbent.
- Authorise issuance of demand drafts/ managers cheques within the limits of the authority delegated to the incumbent
- Liaise with the personnel responsible for transportation of cash to/ from central vault to ensure timely availability of cash at all times while at the same time avoiding excess cash holdings. And also oversee cash transfers from/to Tellers, branch vault and ATMs.
- Review the teller end of day reports against the source documents to ensure accuracy and completeness of processing.
- Conduct counts of the cash/ other valuables in the vault against the documentary records. Resolve instances of excess/ short cash noted in accordance with the duly approved policy/ procedures.
- Ensure all clearing items and remittance requests received from customers are forwarded to the concerned department/ unit within Group Infrastructure without delay for processing.
- Identify suitable opportunities to cross-sell products or services offered to customers.
- University Degree or Diploma
- Team management experience
- Minimum of2 years as team leader and at least4 years as ateller / cashier within arelatedfinancial institution
Qatar National Bank (QNB), established in 1964 as the country’s first Qatari-owned commercial bank, has an ownership structure split between the Qatar Investment Authority (50%) and the private sector (50%). QNB Group, a leading financial institution in the Middle East and Africa With a Net Profit of US$ 787 million in 2016, up by 7% compared to 2015, QNB has witnessed rapid international expansion over the past few years. QNB Group is present, through its subsidiaries and associate companies, in more than 30 countries and 3 continents providing a comprehensive range of products and services. The total number of staff is more than 27,300 operating from over 1200 locations.
- Apply On Company