Develop and manage a designated FIG client portfolio. Implement business strategy, originate & cross-sell CIB products and work with Product groups in delivering financial targets. Maintain assigned portfolio’s risk profile as per the appetite set by management.
Client and Market Analysis
- Nurture/maintain market network, industry knowledge and a sound understanding of macroeconomic and regulatory environment.
- Exercise disciplined client approach – understand their credit quality, business environment, strategy and challenges.
Client Relationship Management
- Maintain/build relationships and hold strategic dialogue with clients in the designated portfolio.
- Originate new business opportunities with target clients across CIB Products.
- Examine & resolve credit, market and operational risk aspects of the transactions in collaboration with products and enablement units.
- Pitch, review, negotiate and conclude deals and lead pitches for major opportunities within the designated portfolio.
- Be the effective first line of defence of any regulatory and compliance risk in the designated portfolio.
- Responsible for maintaining the credit quality of the clients relationships within the portfolio to an acceptable level set by the Bank’s management
- Achieve quantitative and qualitative targets
- Identify & develop cross selling opportunities and increase the cross-sell ratio.
- Ensure Account Plans are maintained for all key clients.
- Ensure all clients’ files /documents are maintained.
- Ensure all credit reviews are submitted on time and agreed conditions are met.
- Maintain, monitor portfolio for any deterioration in status from a financial and regulatory perspective and update relevant stakeholders & provide recommendation as and when needed.
- Ensure connectivity at Senior C-suite level or equivalent client contacts
- Lead client and internal stakeholder discussions around business growth and, where appropriate, reciprocity across all potential segments, for own portfolio.
- Complete call reports, update pipeline, and any other activities to ensure delivery of KPIs and business continuity.
- Manage and follow up on KYC and compliance requirements in order to ensure consistency with the Bank’s KYC and AML policies and regulatory requirements.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS :
10 – 15 years of experience in FIG coverage or a similar area preferably managing client relationships gained from a leading international financial institution or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related discipline.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Attributes:
- Knowledge of the banking sector, and global markets, transaction banking and loan & capital markets products
- Ability to work under pressure and adjust quickly to changing priorities
- Business acumen
- Computer proficiency
- Ability to analyse and research information
- Data analysis and financial modelling skills
- Credit analysis
- People skills
- Communication skills