Job description / Role
To drive high quality repeat FX flow business and revenue streams from Treasury coverage of Personal Banking clients.
– Manage FX flow business from Personal Banking client relationships.
– Ensure that future revenue contributions are protected through best practice professional coverage, delivery of technical expertise required and a focus on building high quality relationships.
– Deliver input into client planning and determine annual client revenue potential, with all hurdles to business clearly addressed.
– Pro-actively call and meet with existing, New to Treasury and New to Bank clients to source incremental business, ensuring that accurate records are kept of the outcome and all follow up items.
– Once executed, record positions created from client transactions and work closely with Trading to manage market risk.
– Address deposit and operational funding opportunities with clients and work with the ALM Desk to secure new/incremental balances and contribute to the reduction of concentration risks.
– Work closely with Trading to deliver competitive client pricing and ensure that all dialogue during transaction closing, both internal and external, is clearly understood.
– Deliver sustainable profitability over the medium to long term from FX Flow.
– Meet budgets set and ensure that future revenue contributions are protected through best practice professional coverage, mobilisation of internal technical expertise as required (Trading) and a focus on building \”trust based\” long-term relationships.
– Drive the process to project future revenues from FX flow for incorporation in a regular review of all client sales activity.
– Maintain an emphasis on quality and repeat revenue streams with all risks minimised.
– Work with relevant CBD businesses to drive new initiatives to strengthen business volumes.
– Participate in new business/pipeline forums and ensure that client activity data from other product sales within CBD is used to maximise flow business
– Profile all clients, identifying key FX flow decision makers, their buying criteria and pricing sensitivity.
Risk & Compliance:
– Stay abreast of and ensure adherence to all Compliance related directives concerning FX flow business.
– Build strong relationships with internal stakeholders including Relationship Management, Legal, Risk Management, Operations and Credit.
– Contribute to the internal education and training of non-specialists with a stake in the success of the business.
– In conjunction with RMs, deploy ‘fast track’ blocking of appropriate account balances to facilitate non-cash Forward transactions.
– Where appropriate ensure that flow credit limits are sufficient to support revenue budgets by client and that the Relationship Management function is appropriately appraised of all aspects surrounding the need for limits.
– Stay abreast of developments across all financial markets as the basis for pro-actively updating clients and responding to any specific enquiries.
– Display a professional, knowledgeable and service driven approach at all times, delivering to deadlines set and contributing to brand development.
– Bachelors Degree in Business or Finance
– 5 years+ experience in a Treasury & Finance field
– FX product knowledge, with experience in other asset classes preferable
– Knowledge of banking operations, credit and risk management.
– Good knowledge and experience in an emerging market economy would be a definite advantage
- Apply On Company