Independently plan, supervise and conduct FCR reviews, investigations and other assignments by leading a team of qualified individuals
Key Result Areas:
- Conduct assigned offsite/on sight FCR reviews of Asset Portfolios across the Bank in an objective manner to achieve review objectives, i.e., to recognize and surface risks and signs of credit weakness in such portfolios, to assess the overall portfolio quality and risk rate the credit management processes based on comprehensive quantitative and qualitative due diligence.
- Assess accuracy/appropriateness of Obligor Risk Ratings assigned by Business Unit and CRM. This is critical to the Bank as incorrect risk ratings can result in unwarranted losses.
- Be accountable for comprehensive reviews of allotted obligor files to identify and highlight existing and emerging credit weaknesses.
- Document the risk issues identified and discuss these independently with the RM/Unit Heads/Division Heads in Business and Credit Management. Conduct all discussions in a professional and objective manner to obtain buy-in on the issues raised.
- Prepare/support the exam manager in finalizing the Review Reports with independent opinion on portfolio quality and credit management process.
- Provide recommendations to Senior Management for improving asset quality and risk management processes to safeguard the Bank’s interest.
- Follow up on status of open FCR review action items and ensure satisfactory completion of corrective action /risk mitigation.
- Prepare FCR information decks for presentation to the Board Risk Committee /Senior Management forums as necessary
- Provide on the job coaching and guidance on both offsite and on-sight exams.
- Establish good working relationships with Business/Credit Management and develop a mutual understanding in order to facilitate communication and acceptance of review findings
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Post Graduate in Commerce/ Economic/ Financial discipline or from a prestigious business school.
- Minimum experience of 10 years in areas of wholesale Credit and Risk management with a reputed financial/ consulting institution, preferably in the review/audit position for at least 5 years
- High degree of lending (credit, analytical, judgmental) skills across various industries / countries.