Legal Entity Controller – Dubai, Analyst
Primary Location: Europe, Middle East, Africa-United Arab Emirates-Dubai-Dubai
Education Level: Bachelor”s Degree
Job Level: Analyst
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm”s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career; a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Finance Division reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 3,000 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm?s books and records, and by contributing to firm wide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanley”s various industry and government regulators, and also serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanley”s various businesses and its senior management team.
The Financial Control Group (FCG) is responsible for overseeing the accounting and financial and regulatory reporting for the Firm. FCG prepares external financial reports for public filings and regulators. For internal reporting FCG, along with Financial Planning and Analysis (FPA), summarizes, plans and forecasts the organization?s financial position, including income statements, balance sheets, and analysis of future revenues, expenses and earnings. FCG is comprised of Business Unit Controllers, Infrastructure Controllers, Accounting, Regulatory and Reporting groups, and Valuation Review.
MENA Controllers provide regional support to the Business Unit and Firm Management.
There are three key themes within the team:
– Governance and Performance
– Legal Entity Control for the Middle East Regulated Legal Entities
– Integrated Controllership, delivering all finance to the business
– Business Advisory, inclusion of a finance perspective on key business decisions
The team has a wide range of responsibilities covering legal entity control, regulatory reporting and preparation of annual audited financial statements.
– Perform monthly due diligence to ensure integrity of financial information:
– Month end bookings such as accruals and prepayments
– Booking and validating expense allocations and revenue bookings
– Preparation of month end reconciliations and sign off in 3R”s for Balance Sheet, Net Revenues and Expenses
– Month end legal entity reporting
– Includes reconciliation, analytical review and preparation of monthly/quarterly financials packs presented to senior Finance management to support regulatory returns
– Regulatory reporting
– Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual prudential filings
– Assisting with regular Withholding, Corporation Tax and VAT filings
– Quarterly reporting to the Federal Reserve
– Liaison with other internal groups including local infrastructure teams,
– Accounts Payable, Payroll, Fixed Assets, Product Controllers and Tax
– Supporting ad-hoc and regular regional management reporting requirements
– The role requires a self-starter with strong attention to detail and highly developed analytical skills who is comfortable working in a demanding environment with shifting priorities.
– The role provides an outstanding opportunity to accelerate your understanding of Morgan Stanley businesses and Finance.
– Must be a GCC National
– Basic accounting/financial control skills
– Able to effectively interact and build productive relationships with colleagues in infrastructure locally and across different locations e.g.London, Glasgow, Budapest, New York
– Demonstrate strong analytical, organizational and documentation skills
– Excellent Microsoft Excel skills and be proficient in data mining and summarizing and presenting themes and results in a meaningful format
– Close attention to detail and demonstrate a strong commitment to developing your own skills
– Have the flexibility required to work in a dynamic environment under tight deadlines
– Proactive individual with a desire to implement change and constantly improve processes and reporting
– Excellent team-working skills and an ability to communicate well at all levels of the organization
– Natural inquisitiveness and intelligence to produce thought provoking ad-hoc analysis
– Fluent in English and Arabic
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents
- Apply On Company