This role will be working for one of the client of MDC Business Management Services to be based in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
What we are looking for: IT Senior Officer– UAE National
You will be responsible for supporting the VP – IT & Application in providing enterprise wide end-user support, Network infrastructure & application support.
What you’ll do:
– Manage end-user support
– Network and Systems
– Governance and General
Day to Day responsibilities:
· Support and maintain a robust IT infrastructure that is highly secure, scalable, reliable and available 24/7 projects for Abu Dhabi Finance
· Responsible for ensuring that the IT systems follow a rigorous security policy, including but not limited to access control, periodic configuration and log audits, risk management through vulnerability assessment and testing.
· Proactively monitor and support the infrastructure to ensure the network and system are operational all the time.
· Manage the cloud provider to ensure that the network and systems are functioning 24/7.
· Maintain and support company email system (Accessed through LAN, WAN and Mobile Devices), Avaya call centre system for gateway & cisco IP telephones allocated to staff
· Maintain and support the sharepoint portal (Intranet)
· Assist in the business continuity management ( BCM) and Disaster recovery (DR) and be responsible for maintaining it in line with the growing business needs.
· Responsible for ensuring the IT infrastructure is highly secured by implementing various security software tools such as Antivirus, Spam control, Internet Traffic monitoring, firewalls and keeping them upto date all the time.
· Responsible for company hardware and software using the skill set of windows and Linux.
· Coordinate with vendors and other service providers for support.
· Escalation on risk & issues are required.
· Preparation and managing of IT kits including computers, cisco IP Phones, IPhones and other devices for users.
· Support users with BAU issues including access to IT hardware and software.
· Monitoring and management of the health and security of the hardware and software.
· Responsible for providing consistent end user computing support throughout working days and secure infrastructure availability on 24/7 basis.
Successful candidate will possess the below requirement:
– Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in computer science or its equivalent from recognized university
– Certification or experience on Information security will be an added advantage.
– Minimum of 2 to 3 years’ experience in information systems and information technology
– Must have 2 to 3 years’ experience in server environment including enterprise software distribution for Microsoft windows.
– Solid experience in domain administration/ DHCP/DNS/LDAP/Scripting/WSUS
– Knowledge of VMWare
– Knowledge of Microsoft enterprise software including exchange sharepoint, skype for business & SQL server.
– Knowledge of networking and enterprise wide printing
– Proficient knowledge of vulnerabilities on common operating systems and practical risk mitigation solutions.
What we can offer:
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role.