Required: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance & Banking, or any related field.
Preferred: Master’s degree in Finance or any similar field.
Required: Total of 10+ years of experience in a similar role, out of which 4 years at a Senior Management level.
Preferred: Experience in the Banking Industry. Experience in the GCC.
To lead and manage the acquisition of new large corporate clients and manage existing client relationships by identifying sales and cross-selling opportunities in line with agreed policies, procedures and the risk appetite in order to continuously ensure the growth and profitability increase of the bank.
- Develop and execute the department long-term strategic plan in alignment with the corporate strategies.
- Develop annual business plans for the department and ensure the achievement of financial and strategic objectives.
- Report to the DGM & Acting Head of Wholesale Banking on the progress of activities against the annual business plans, opportunities, challenges and issues faced, mitigations taken, etc. as required, to make an informed decision.
- Manage and continuously monitor the performance of the department to ensure performance deviations are identified in a timely manner, and required resources and actions are implemented to meet performance targets.
- Manage the performance of the department’s employees (setting SMART goals, regular review and follow up with required action), define workforce requirements, ensure recruitment, training and development of talent, in conjunction with the Human Resources department to achieve business objectives.
- Ensure the implementation of the Omanisation strategic plans by developing and assisting qualified Omani Nationals to occupy potential vacancies so as to adhere to set Omanisation targets.
- Recommend an optimum organization structure for the department, in coordination with the DGM & Acting Head of Wholesale Banking and the Human Resources department, to ensure smooth workflow of decision making, operational processes and optimal utilization of resources.
- Prepare and recommend the department’s budget in alignment to the respective annual business plan.
- Monitor the department’s financial performance against the approved budget, identify areas of unsatisfactory performance (if any), and recommend mitigating actions.
Business and Relationships Development
- Lead market research on market conditions and industry trends, monitor competitor strategies, activities, products and services, analyze them against Bank capabilities and offerings, and accordingly provide recommendations and adjust plans to ensure the identification of customers and achievement of growth and revenue targets for the assigned portfolio.
- Maximize client relationship profitability and ensure good asset quality of portfolio and implement effective strategies to grow the bank’s market share.
- Guide Relationship Managers for maintaining direct contact with more complex and larger clients, or with high potential new clients to establish strategic relationships with the purpose of supporting business operations (sales and services).
- Carry out financial analysis on relationships in order to assess importance to the bank, profitability, income generation etc.
Product Initiation & Maintenance
- Initiate and supervise product maintenance and enhancement to ensure products are in line with Wholesale Banking strategy and guidelines.
- Come up with initiatives for new products or improvement of current features in order to ensure appropriate development and enhancement of Wholesale Banking product portfolio.
- Manage the offering of an excellent service performance, which is measured by retention of corporate clients and growth in the value of business with such clients.
- Provide guidance and initiate necessary actions in order to ensure that all account plans are being updated and swiftly executed upon by the team.
Credit Risk Assessment & Management
- Ensure the accurate and timely analysis and assessment of client credit risks and ensure accurate credit applications are prepared in line with the bank’s credit risk appetite; policies and procedures in order to ensure the adequate structure of deals, and secure profitable business transactions for the assigned portfolio.
- Drive and manage performance of the assigned portfolio by proposing and supporting client credit proposals, and approving and negotiating cases within assigned lending authority to ensure that all transactions are in line with the bank’s risk appetite, policies and procedures.
- Review proposals in respect of their content, quality, completeness, etc. prior to signing by the Division Head, suggest changes where necessary and make appropriate recommendations.
- Define service standards for clients and other operating departments, ensure that the standards are met, keep trail of actual services provided, identify causes of substandard performance and measures to rectify them.
- Identify and manage implementation of change initiatives on systems, processes and practices taking into account ‘international leading practices’, and/or other changes in the business environment.
- Ensure that all automation activities as well as IT related strategies and initiatives related to the department are developed and implemented as per the set requirements and objectives.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
- Manage the development and implementation of departmental policies, systems, processes and procedures in order to ensure operational excellence.
- Identify and manage the implementation of improvements to ensure compliance with the bank’s standards and regulatory requirements that are aligned to business needs to increase operational effectiveness.
- Ensure that the department has the MIS needed to manage it effectively.
Quality, Health, Security, Safety and Environment
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and relevant quality, health, safety, security and environmental procedures and controls across the department to guarantee employee safety and delivery of high quality products/services.
- Ensure that departmental regular and ad-hoc reports are prepared in a comprehensive, accurate and timely manner to meet business reporting requirements and standards and provide insight to facilitate sound decision-making.
- Identify opportunities to contribute to organisational and departmental change initiatives, programmes and projects taking into account best practice and standards in the business environment.
- Perform other related duties or assignments as directed.