The role of the incumbent will be to work with collection managers in order to define and implement the best remedial tool to address portfolio performance, more in details:
- for “temporary payment difficulty” population strategist must work towards offering special treatments that help them to return to normal payment status, while populations with permanent difficulties will be offered loan restructure treatments that generate acceptable financial returns.
- for post write off stage, proposed strategies will help improve the effectiveness of asset liquidation. Segmentation”s will identify accounts that are likely-to-pay and identify the appropriate resource (internal/external) for collecting these accounts.
The incumbent will have to:
- Submit accurate and timely ad-hoc analysis of delinquent and written-off portfolio performance that identify adverse trends or emerging risks.
- Perform deep dive analysis at segment level, identify drivers and propose correction action plan to achieve adherence to targets/plan.
- Monitor the execution of the agreed action and eventually support collection operation to define the process that will lead to a successful execution.
- Evaluate the impact of the existing collection strategies on the flows and loss results.
- Model payment behavior patterns and “what if” scenario creation
- Develop, maintain and enhance collection strategy KPIs required for monitoring of strategies and segmentations.
- Update and submit on a timely manner collection RAF and dashboards.
- Assist in maintaining accurate portfolio forecasting including weekly, Flash, MYF, and Plan reporting, promptly highlight variances in portfolio and product trends towards target and prior months which underline risks or opportunities. Assist to annual renewal process for segmentations and if case for new scoring/non-scoring model MAP creation
- Work closely with the other functions within the Cluster Risk Management team in setting up, executing strategies
- Ensure full compliance to GCCFRP, local legislation and identify potential gaps, in order to obtain necessary approvals or to close the gap.
- Perform monthly reconciliations between risk generated data vs. Fincon and control related tasks. Support CCAR and forecasting manager bridging the variance between expected result and issue deriving by an inaccurate execution of strategy as well as any other operational issues.
Desired Skills and Experience
Knowledge and Experience:
**SAS EXPERIENCE IS ESSENTIAL**
* At least 3/4years prior banking experience, most preferably at consumer credit or collection.
• Strong Analytical skills and excellent analytical thinking. Strong foundation in data analytics and segmentation methodologies. Great emphasis on big picture, but with the ability to dig into data and perform root cause analysis. Understand statistical and economic relevance of results.
• Understanding of credit cycle and dynamics.
• Knowledge of ECS+, CACS, TRIAD, Systematics preferred
• Knowledge of operational and other cross-departmental processes
• Project management and execution on simple and complex projects
• Strong proven analytical skills in developing decision tree models and modeling techniques
• Excellent oral and written communication skills; multiple language proficiency preferred but not required.
• Min qualification MSc in Statistics, Econometrics or other mathematical discipline.
• Programming: SAS, VB, SQL, MS Access, General Query Tools
• Good Interpersonal skills and ability to work with cross functional teams.
• Excellent in Organizational and Project Management skills (planning, follow-up, execution).
• Stress management.
• Analytical thinking.
• Strategic thinking.
• High problem solving orientation.
• High written and verbal communication (English).
• Outstanding level of prioritizing skills and time management.
• Familiar with risk management and collection techniques. Familiarity with test and control processes.
• Be a data-oriented thinker that uses the available information to data mine and find opportunities.
• Being proactive in identifying adverse trends / emerging risks and convincing in delivering correction action plan recommendations.
• Awareness of Citi people processes, policies and relevant laws.
- Mid-Senior level
- Apply On Company