The Markets and Securities Services (MSS) Transformation team works with all Global Markets and Securities Services businesses and multiple Citi functions, including Legal, Compliance, Finance and O&T to identify, mobilize and execute responses to regulatory and cross-business transformational projects. The primary mission of the team is to design and implement integrated solutions in the most efficient way for MSS and its clients.
This role is a key member of the MSS Transformation Team, working on multiple projects / workstreams, assessing and delivering business process and supporting changes affecting multiple stakeholder groups, in response to new mandatory regulatory rulemaking, important supervisory requirements, and MSS discretional change initiatives.
Examples of major programs that MSS Transformation currently (or recently) manage include: Brexit; Dodd-Frank Title VII (CFTC SD and SEC SBSD rules); EMIR/Re-Fit; FRTB; IBOR Transition; MiFID II / MiFIR; US QFC Stay Rules; Volcker / Volcker 2.0 and multiple specific APAC/EMEA/NAM Regulations.
Responsibilities and priorities will reflect needs of the specific programs and will evolve over time, however the following are some of the specific activities expected of this role:
- Contributing to the successful delivery of projects in line with overall MSS Transformation book of work
- Contribute to the creation, design and implementation of trading desk business processes, supporting documentation and Quality Assurance (QA) deliverables taking into account the detailed trading activity of trading desks across all asset classes and market sectors
- QA of business process and supporting documentation with reference to project / regulatory expectations
- Assist with the project management and delivery of key changes across a number of sales / trading desks and functions including Risk, Legal, Finance and Compliance
- Identify, prioritise and proactively manage dependencies, risks, exceptions and issues
- Effective communication with key stakeholders both internal and external to the project
- Develop and deliver presentations to MSS Transformation and senior management covering project status and plans.
- Contribute to the design and delivery of Front Office training plans and materials
- Provide subject matter expertise for internal queries relating to appropriate projects
- Candidate to lead a work stream that will implement a component of initiatives arising from Basel Committee final FRTB rules
- Drive a complete redesign (Front to Back) of the infrastructure for calculating Market Risk within Citi.
- XiNG is an underlying set of standards and tools which allows Citi to deliver on the FRTB requirement but which also brings major functionality improvements to how trades are valued and revalued consistently across the Citi landscape. The job holder will contribute to design and test the quality of the XiNG toolset being developed by Markets and Securities Services (MSST).
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Exposure to structured project management techniques, preferably in a markets front office environment
- Demonstrable experience of running high impact projects / programs as a consultant or internal change group
- Hands-on experience in designing and implementing structured business/operational processes and associated business requirements documentation
- Exposure to analyzing legislative and regulatory texts, and associated legal analysis
- Understanding of global markets trading products (Fixed Income, Equity, Currencies and Commodities) and/or securities services (Prime, Collateral, Clearing, Custody, Fund Services)
- Understanding of Front Office trading processes across the full trade lifecycle within a large bank/dealer
Skills and Competencies – Must be able to demonstrate extensive experience of:
- Strong analytical skills, with attention to detail
- Strong project management / business analysis skills; ability to gain consensus among staff and drive initiatives to completion effectively
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and organizational skills to mobilize and motivate delivery in a co-operative and collaborative working environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, to effectively produce procedural documentation. Ability to communicate complex technical issues to non-technical colleagues
- College/university degree education preferred
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience
- Appropriate industry knowledge and delivery track record is preferred