- Assisting in implementation of Fraud Prevention and detection in all parts of the Bank.
- Assisting the lead investigator in financial investigations dealing with financial fraud, identification of monies and assets fraudulently obtained, identification and seizure of personal and business assets. Works within a team of Fraud examiners in complex fraud investigations.
- Application of Interview and interrogation skills in investigations of staff.
- Prepare Draft Investigation Reports of less complex fraud investigations clearly documenting various findings and financial impact of the fraud and identify/recommend process improvements.
- Recommend measures to reduce the risk associated with doing business, thus preventing financial/fraud losses, which subsequently impact the overall performance of the business.
Key Result Areas:
- Assists in implementation of Fraud Prevention/Detection with the help of Fraud Risk Assessments, Automated Tools and Fraud Risk reviews.
- Assisting the lead investigator in financial investigations with other officers to obtain information and documents regarding financial fraud cases.
- Work as a team of Fraud Examiners in an investigation to ensure effective and timely execution of assignments.
- Prepares draft Investigation reports clearly documenting the scope, findings, recommendations and process improvements in less complex Investigations.
- Tracks fraudulent transactions for use in court to establish evidence of illegal activity.
- Assists in research and preparation of monthly reports, statistical reports, articles, etc. in reviewing and preparing MIS/publications.
- Interviews third parties with officers to obtain documents and statements to use as evidence in criminal financial fraud cases, using interviewing and interrogation techniques.
- Remains current on job-specific procedures, laws, rules and regulations through professional development courses, meetings, research and job-related publications.
- Participates in local fraud forums and form excellent relationships with counterparts in the Industry.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Fraud and Auditing techniques. Analysis of financial documents and Accounting techniques.
- Developing evidence related to accounting transactions.
- Written communication for both administrative and technical purposes. Oral communications in both one-on-one and group situations.
- Multi-disciplinary capabilities: analytical, qualitative, and quantitative.
- Self motivated and takes initiative.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting and Auditing, Criminal Justice, or related field.
- At least 3 years experience in fraud investigations or law enforcement fields
Group: Risk Management
Mashreq has provided banking and financial services to millions of customers and businesses since 1967. We are one of UAE’s leading financial institutions with a growing retail presence in the region including Egypt, Qatar, Kuwait and Bahrain. We focus on providing our customers access to a wide range of innovative products and services. Mashreq is invariably among the highest performing banks in the Region. It’s financial performance reflects on its commitment to continue leading the UAE banking industry. To view the Bank’s financial performance, Click here. Our branch network extends across the UAE with one in every two households in the UAE banking with us. We also have customer service centres in key retail locations and one of the largest ATM networks in the country. We also have 12 overseas offices in nine countries, including Europe, US, Asia and Africa.
- Apply On Company