As a Barclays Finance Manager within the legal entity Barclaycard International Payments Ltd (BIPL), which is our European hub for payment acceptance, you will work in conjunction with various teams to produce internal and external financial reporting to a PLC standard. You will also support the Head of Finance by completing the day-to-day processes of the Finance team to ensure all agreed Finance outputs are delivered accurately and in line with agreed deadlines.
CBI Regulated Role
BIPL is a Payment Institution (PI) authorised by the Central Bank of Ireland (CBI). BIPL provides Payment Acceptance & Acquiring services to Barclaycard’s customers operating in the European Economic Area (EEA). We are a strategic vehicle to deliver our investments in Barclaycard’s international growth strategy.
This role is deemed as a Controlled Function role under the Central Bank of Ireland Fitness and Probity Regulations and may require the role holder to hold mandatory regulatory qualifications or the minimum qualifications to meet internal company benchmarks.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
What will you be doing?
• You will be completing the day to day processes of the Finance team, including reconciliation, monitoring and confirming of control outcomes to Head of Finance
• You will be delivering the month end close process in line with Group timelines and standards
• Leading the monthly reporting cycle – preparation of packs for the various governance forums (ExCo, Monthly Business Reviews (MBRs) and ensuring that messages are communicated
• Ensuring that all senior stakeholders have visibility of the expected monthly results along with the risks and opportunities potentially impacting those results
• Leading the regular forecasting processes
• Liaising with external and internal auditors, satisfying requests in a timely manner
• Building relationships across the Group to communicate awareness of (BIPL)
• Assist in the development and implementation of new processes on an on-going basis to enable the business to adopt best practice
What we’re looking for:
• Professionally qualified accountant with post qualification experience
• Previous successful experience in a month end close process coupled with presenting the monthly message that the financials dictate
• Previous track record in delivering to tight deadlines under pressure
• Understanding of the market’s latest thinking and development in finance knowledge, including an up to date understanding of the latest developments in International accounting standards
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Strong attention to detail, whilst maintaining sight of the broader commercial context
• Proven experience of card or financial services would be beneficial
• Previous experience of SAP/ Hyperion systems would be desirable
• Broad business and industry knowledge and experience
Where will you be working?
You will be based in our new flagship office, One Molesworth Street, which is in the heart of Dublin city centre. We are currently expanding which drives a culture of change and hard work ethic, nonetheless the company maintains an open, friendly atmosphere. This is enhanced through our unique onboarding programs and a number of committees which all employees are eligible to join.