Working with our clients our people are given direct responsibility, career development and the opportunity to work collaboratively on fascinating projects in a rewarding and inclusive global environment.
Location – Dubai, UAE
Engagement – Full time, permanent
Department – High Risk Managed Services (“HRMS”)
Manager – Regional CEO HRMS
Work directly with the CEO HRMS to provide strategic financial and operational leadership for HRMS.
Act as trusted partner to the CEO and senior management team, accountable for driving business performance by setting and delivering the financial strategy for HRMS.
Exercising professional judgment founded on ethics, law, accounting regulation and commercial sense in order to maximize medium / long term value within our country locations in Iraq, Mozambique and future business territories.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Work with the CEO to drive and implement strategic financial initiatives.
- As agreed with the CEO, full ownership and accountability for financial initiatives within the HRMS business.
- Working with the CEO and senior management team to identify opportunities to develop the business and services across HRMS.
Finance & Risk
- Coordinate financial projections reflecting strategic direction in close coordination with CEO and senior management team.
- Present to HRMS Executive Committee on business matters which have a financial implication ensuring cash flows, profit, risk and returns on investment are properly considered with risks identified.
- Guide senior management team on financial, commercial and operational matters including remuneration, benefits, profitability, jurisdictional, administrative, investment and capital issues.
- Direct management responsibility for the HRMS finance team handling all back office accounting functions, including credit control, payroll, finance management.
- Manage financial forecasting, policies, procedures and financial controls and deliver analysis on project profitability, client profitability and utilisation.
- Identify, document and take mitigating action on all significant financial risks facing the business
- Ensure compliance with all corporate taxes including local sales, withholding, VAT corporate income and other taxes
- Ensure optimal terms for bids and contracts including pricing, conditions, cash flow, liability management.
- Ensure all contractual terms are reduced to written contracts in liaison with Legal Counsel.
- Ensure tax and legislative rules are met in Iraq to enable renewal of annual licenses.
- Give guidance to Partners and Management on financial, commercial or operational matters including remuneration, benefits, profitability, office, jurisdictional, administrative, investment and capital issues
Financial management, reporting and processes
- Lead the business planning/ budget process for HRMS.
- Monitor actual results against budget explaining significant variations.
- Coordinate the production of financial forecasts.
- Analysis of results from management accounts, project profitability, client profitability and utilisation reports to determine corrective action.
- Identify, implement and operate policies, procedures and financial controls to ensure that accounts show a true and fair view at every month end and that the group’s assets are always protected.
- Forecast cash flows, identify cash needs and report them to Group Finance and ensure surplus cash outside London is remitted promptly.
- Identify, design and provide management accounts and other reports which local management needs to run the business.
- Report to Group Finance in the formats and time required and in accordance with the group’s accounting policies.
- Lead budget planning process (and 3-year outlook).
- Overall accountability for the HRMS Management accounts.
- Overall accountability for the HRMS Year-end statutory accounts.
- Provide insightful and value-add information to support decision making.
- Produce and issue reports as required by local legislation and in agreement with group reports, other than where different accounting policies are required in which case reconciliations between local and group accounts should be prepared.
- Design, document, implement and oversee financial and administrative processes to ensure integrity in reporting and that, in the most efficient manner possible: –
- All billing is done accurately, timely and completely;
- All debts are collected timely;
- All expenses are properly authorised, recorded and, where appropriate recovered from the clients;
- All transactions, assets and liabilities are properly and timely recorded;
- Payments are made on time and only made when authorised.
- Direct line management responsibility for the HRMS finance and bid team including in Iraq and Mozambique.
- With the CEO assist with building the right culture, ensuring the region has the capability, processes and systems to achieve the strategy.
- Oversee the daily business activities of the HRMS in Iraq and Mozambique by working closely with and managing the Partners and Directors.
- Lead key strategic initiatives for the region including communicating and presenting these across the region.
- Support and drive a performance management culture across the region This will include direct involvement working alongside existing managers.
- Consistently look for systemic ways to develop and improve profitability and margins across the region.
Business and Project Management
- Work with CEO to lead the formulation and production of 3-year plan and annual budget narratives.
- Review and test all business cases and support fully all new country market entry activities.
- Identify and implement strategic business initiatives to ensure that the company responds to market changes and starts to build a culture of innovation.
- Actively network with other regions promoting the One Firm Philosophy and leveraging the Global HRMS commercial potential.
- Monthly consolidation, refinement, and review of the MMR.
Knowledge and experience
- Proven ability of implementing successful strategies to drive business growth
- Proven experience as a Finance director or in a role with the equivalent responsibilities working within a matrix environment to deliver set objectives
- Proven strong commercial acumen, and understanding of developing value propositions
- Proven experience of leading a function and people management
- Experience of having worked in a matrix environment.
Qualifications and specialist skills
- Mandatory to be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) or MBA with major in accounting / finance or equivalent, having at least 5 years’ experience following qualification.
- Educated to degree level
- Business strategy focused
- Cut through complexity to create clarity
- Work with commercial nous, driving new initiatives and profitability
- Tune in to clients’ current and future needs translating knowledge of emerging trends to drive margin and profit
- Analytical, excellent attention to detail and capable of processing information quickly
- Identify and nurture people who are critical to our success.
- Influence and engage others with impact, presence and energy, building commitment and motivation for change
- Engage and mobilise teams and individuals behind the strategic plan gaining respect and support
- Develop an environment where individuals are inspired/moved to act
- Show determination and resilience in driving the success of the business
- Demonstrate confidence, remain optimistic and focused taking bold actions when there is uncertainty
- Accountable for outcomes
- Lead exemplary client service – fast, flexible and adaptable
- Deliver commitments, ensure others do the same -be trusted and accountable to do this
- Inspire and build trust in relationships generating commitment and support
- Seek constant improvements, never satisfied with good enough
- Monitor and control implementation of plans to ensure objectives are achieved
- Build and sustain authentic long-term relationships founded on trust, open & appropriate communication, awareness of self and others
- Seek new relationships and opportunities to collaborate to drive the strategic agenda.
All employees are expected to display behaviours reflective of our company values: Integrity and Ethics, Collaboration and Teamwork, Commitment to People and Professionalism and Excellence.
- Apply On Company