The Role Responsibilities
The role will be relocated to Saudi end of 2020
- Create long term strategic and tactical client level strategy for assigned clients:
- Client strategy to be fed into overall account plan and aligned with the coverage partners
- Create global calling plan and client stakeholder mapping as part of client strategy
- Define digitization agenda in the assigned portfolio that would drive client loyalty, wallet share growth, and share of mind
- Partner Trade Distribution as appropriate to create additional capacity to deliver on client requirements
- Identify Cash / Trade business opportunities, structuring and pitching appropriate solutions, making effective pitches, and delivering client mandates seamlessly
- Collaborate with implementation, client management and service teams to ensure consistent and superior client experience
Business and Financial Targets
- Cash: Drive OPAC balances and liabilities to agreed levels as per scorecard
- Trade: Drive Assets & Contingents to agreed levels as per scorecard
- Drive healthy pipeline and closures through business origination activity
- Responsible for driving initiatives together with TB product team (e.g.: Banking the Ecosystem, commercialisation of new products etc)
- Lead RFP responses, client pitches and ensure successful conversions, seek feedback and corrective actions for unsuccessful bids
- Manage deal execution, maintain oversight on implementation, and ensure revenue realization
- Identify TBFX / Islamic (as appropriate) cross-sell opportunities and pass on the lead to the relevant teams
Understanding of the client business, more specifically around:
- Financial needs, footprint, buying centre and decision-making process and centres
- Business flows and challenges and how would they manifest and impact their financial needs / flows. Create solutions to solve these challenges.
- Target clients for various product solutions, industry value propositions, campaigns and other initiatives
- Own Account Plan commitment and ensuring client level targets are met.
- Pro-actively lead cash & trade opportunity development with the coverage partners and in-country TBS teams
- Execute activities in line with sales pipeline policy; regular inspection on pipeline and ensure it is up to date at all times
- Analyse client behaviour to provide insights to the TBS teams to deepen client relationship
- Works with other product teams on identified cross-sell opportunities.
- Build full access to trade finance / cash management decision makers through active client calling
- Increase client penetration and revenues for the bank by actively promoting the bank’s network and product capabilities
- Targeted and innovative marketing ideas and techniques for new initiatives and product launches
- Create a calling plan (in conjunction with the coverage teams) mapping the key stakeholders / decision makers / influencers in the client organization with relevant people within the bank.
Ideation / Pitches:
- Take the lead in identifying explicit and implied client needs, engaging key influencers and decision makers, developing unique solutions and leading proposals and pitches to clients
- Leverage Structured Solutions team / Treasury solutions and TB Product expertise for complex solutions
- Trade: Facility structuring for Trade deals
- Cash: Development of cash, liquidity and transactional FX solutions
- Replicate unique solutions across clients and markets
- Manage the execution through to revenue realization
- For complex bespoke deals work along Structured solutions team in document negotiation
- Trade: Grow utilization on Trade limits
- Cash: Client follow up for BAU liability growth
- Monitor usage of channels
- Ensure that any post sales service issues identified are managed appropriately by Client Service Group or Premier Service Management
- Assist by providing product inputs into credit related work and ownership of product related compliance
- Ensure adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations.
- Adhere to good sales practices in relation to relevant policies.
- Ensure appropriate TB inputs are incorporated in BCA / Term sheet / Pre-Screening review / Credit
- Understand the local regulations and initiatives of local industry bodies to assist the business.
- Engage business & functional partners / stakeholders to drive the sales agenda with clients
- Promote the SCB brand and exemplify the values of the Group in all undertakings, including adherence to the Group Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Broad banking experience preferably covering Saudi Arabia
- Deep knowledge of TB products
- Relevant years of experience in related business
- Proven ability to independently identify, drive and deliver on opportunities.
- Strong executive impact and track record of new to bank sales success.
- Practitioner with Advanced / Expert Cash and or Trade knowledge.
- Structuring Solutions and ability to handle documentation.
- Strong credit understanding and experience.
- Seen as an industry expert in Cash and/or Trade.
- Sector expertise (i.e. Telecom, FMCG, Commodities, etc.) preferred
- Understanding SCB network.
- Ability to proactively identify client needs and create solutions to generate new to bank business.
- Ability to cultivate a network of relationships in the client with key influencers and senior decision makers to identify and win deals.
- Ability to probe the commercial implications of a client’s needs and provide solutions and advice that positively impact the client’s operational and financial performance.
- Wants to be a Trusted advisor – positions as the “Go to” person for clients when they desire strategic TB input.
- Strong credibility with key stakeholders i.e. Risk, CB, GTO, CMO
- Sharp commercial focus, analytical mindset, consultative engagement style, innovative problem solving approach, and strong achievement orientation.