- Bachelor’s Degree in Shariah or Fiqh /Usul Fiqh
- Minimum 6 years working experience in Shariah unit or department.
- Adequate knowledge and expertise in Fiqh Muamalat
- Adequate knowledge and expertise in AAOIFI Shariah Standards and Shariah practices of other main Islamic banking jurisdictions e.g. Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Asia Pacific etc.
- Possess professional certificate in Islamic banking / finance.
- Highly experience in dealing with the Internal Shariah Supervision Committee
- Highly experience in dealing with the Higher Shariah Authority Secretariat of CBUAE
- Sufficient experience in Shariah review of Islamic banking products, Shariah Advisory, and Shariah Review.
- Ability to manage relationship with Shariah Scholars
- Preferably a Certified Shariah Adviser and Auditor (CSAA) by Accounting and Auditing Organization for Islamic Financial Institutions (AAOIFI).
- Possess experience in delivering training or lecture in Islamic banking or Shariah related field.
- 6 years of experience in Shariah unit / department of Islamic Bank or Islamic window or any other relevant institutions.
- Experience in the Islamic banking practices of the local and international geographies of which FAB operates.
Knowledge, Skills And Attributes
- Knowledge of the banking sector, and FAB’s products and business strategies
- Advanced understanding of acceptable standards and ethics as applicable to the Islamic Finance industry
- Networking skills – including contacts with Shariah scholars and legislators
- Interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills across cultural and company boundaries
- Ability to speak, read and write in Arabic.
- Ability to work under pressure and adjust quickly to changing priorities
- Relationship building skills