Provide direct support to the GAM/FAM for the assigned client portfolio as follows:
- Ensure the highest level of client service and risk mitigation through proactive client account management support with client on-boarding (liaising with COBAM), credit monitoring (liaising with CA COE) and flow maintenance
- Actively engage and collaborate with Clients, GAMs/ RAMs/FAMs and Product Partners to understand and respond to any issues/concerns relating to the ongoing account maintenance including highlighting any unusual utilization patterns to coverage teams.
- Provide proactive support on account maintenance activities like documentation, reporting etc by engaging and collaborating with the client, COBAM, CA, CRC, LDU, MDU, Legal and Compliance and relevant ops teams as required to ensure the clients expectations are met or exceeded
- Escalate issues/concerns relating to account maintenance activities to the CM Team Lead for follow up as relevant
- Documentation: Credit (existing deals – Renewals/Amendments) & Other
- Liaise with Legal & Compliance, CRC, CDU and Clients on standard documentation processes
- Obtain necessary approvals for T&C deviations on standard docs from the relevant authoriser as necessary
- Follow through to ensure documentation completion and validate limits are correctly loaded/reflected in TP systems
- Ensure document deficiencies are minimised (as reflected in DDW etc) and are rectified in a timely manner
- Liaise with COBAM/GAM/FAM if required on CDD related items
- Account Management & Portfolio Quality
- Ensure general portfolio hygiene of client data from a quality control perspective i.e. correct client tagging, limit information, segment classification etc in SCI, WorkBench.
- Annotate on past dues and excesses daily in the portfolio. Ensure excesses/past dues are regularized on time and cash/cheques are released on time. Any exceptions to be highlighted to CA and GAM/FAM.
- Review and follow up on Unsettled (FX) Past Due Trades reports & Failed trades reports with Operations
- Support Loan Drawdown, Cash Management, Trade Offerings & Audit Confirmations
- Manage any client related data queries and remediation efforts, including first level escalations on account maintenance activities
- Seek transactional approvals as necessary (ie trade, cash) and release trade offerings on time to ensure faster TAT on trade transactions.
- Attend EAR/ASTAR Review meetings as appropriate and participate in relevant business meetings, forums or committees as required.
- Provide support on other projects as assigned ie CIB Client Surveys, other business initiatives
- Support Network Delivery through documentation facilitation (passporting)
- Arrange for stock inspections/valuations as required
- Ensure adherence to all internal/regulatory policies & regulations
- Co-ordinate with Ops/GSSC to rectify any ops related issues which can be resolved locally and issue Standard Instruction Form (SIFs) wherever required within authority
Be proactive in ensuring compliance with Bank policies and procedures and lead preparation of client files for audit purposes
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group’s arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Responsible for delivering ‘effective governance’; capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
(This is mandatory standard wording, please tailor wording in brackets, and do not remove).
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles:
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Amend items in square brackets to include those that are relevant for your country/business/function, but all should include The Right Environment.
- Adhere to local regulator [PRA/FCA] prescribed responsibilities and Rationale for allocation
Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
- Senior Banker/Banker for designated portfolio
- Credit Analyst for designated portfolio
- Product partners for designated portfolio
- Key functional partners ie COBAM, Credit, CRC, LDU, MDU, Legal, Compliance, Product Ops (Trade, Cash, FMO etc), Finance, Marketing
- CM Team Lead
- Segment Leadership team