Local Unit & Position Description
The GSS finance regional center in Dubai (UAE) supports all business areas in the middle east and Africa region. The regional shared service center is looking for an Accounts payable (AP) accountant with strong technical skills, a customer centric mindset, self-motivated with positive and can do attitude to be part of this great team. As AP accountant, you will be a member of a group of 6, overseeing all accounts payable duties of the middle east and Africa region. Your will need to ensure all suppliers invoices are accurately coded, approved as per chart of authority and paid on time. This position is vital for the company and is located in our Dubai, UAE office. Your sharp judgment, AP experience, computer skills, organization and superior communication skills will all come into play in this dynamic role. The successful candidate must demonstrate a positive attitude, and the willingness to go the extra mile to meet organizational goals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Processing of invoices into Basware including coding for overheads
- Match invoices with Purchase orders and good/services receipts (3 way matching).
- Investigate discrepancies and take action to resolve
- Weekly payment runs and booking of payments
- Employee expenses controlling and weekly settlement
- Prepare tax withholding on applicable payments and organize remittance through Accounting control team to relevant authorities
- Resolution of Basware transfer errors
- Follow up with suppliers/relevant internal stakeholders on rejected invoices
- Take actions on AP statements from vendors to resolve promptly any dispute or overdue invoices
- Monthly/weekly AP subledger to general ledger reconciliations
- Provide payment notice to vendors
- Complete vendor credit application forms
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Accounts payable
- Knowledge of Oracle will be a plus.
- Experience with a Professional Services Company preferred.
- Read, analyze, and interpret documentation and various financial reports; and
- Fluency in both written and spoken English
- Fluency in both written and spoken Arabic
- Energetic and approachable fostering positive atmosphere
- Solution oriented, willing to take initiative to solve problems
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with minimal supervision
- Attentive to detail and deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Proven ability to learn and understand new software/accounting systems
Advanced degree of accounting or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration desired
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
The Global Shared Services (GSS) organization within DNV GL provides high quality, cost effective services and processes within Human Resources, Finance and IT, based on requirements defined by the business areas and Group. GSS also develops central competence for distinct services, projects and development and will support policy, procedures and system implementation on a global, regional, and local level.
GSS is about bringing a team of true process experts together, going for professional service levels at industry standards, and offering centers of expertise for competence based advisory. We are driven by people’s competence and motivation to help and support the business areas. As a member of the GSS community you act in a professional, multi-cultural, competent and service oriented environment with good possibilities to enhance your personal competencies and expertise, and to build a strong network with colleagues around the world.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!