We are looking for an Accounting Assistant to perform daily accounting tasks that will support our financial team. Accounting Assistant responsibilities include managing expense reports and reimbursements, entering financial transactions into our internal databases and reconciling invoices. The accountant assistant must be familiar with accounting procedures and should have experience with accounting software programs. The ideal candidate will be able to process business transactions, handle accounts payable and receivable, expense reports, receipts, and other financial matters. Proven accounting experience required. Ultimately, you will help our Accounting department run smoothly, ensuring transparency and efficiency in all transactions.
- Manage all day today accounting work including data entry and keep all relevant records for audit.
- Prepare trial balance, profit and loss account and balance sheet Prepare and maintain all receipts, payments and bank reconciliation Prepare and maintain all supplier and customer reconciliation
- Prepare documents for processing payments to suppliers on a regular basis Communicate with the suppliers and customers for various matters including their outstanding balance and reconciliation Keep all receipts, payment, purchase, sales and other files for reference and audit purpose Bank and cash reconciliation
- Assist the finance manager for the timely completion of accounts and MIS reporting Prepare and maintain all petty cash transactions submitting receivable and payables statement to management on a monthly basis.
- Sending statement to clients for balance confirmation regularly Updating Stocklist on daily basis from orders and GRN Prepare and maintain all stock-related transactions, reports and reconciliation Account for all GRN, purchase, DO, sales and other journal entries and maintain records for the same.
- Coordination with other departments for the collection of data including warehouse Assist the other departments with the required information as to when needed
Accounting Assistant Requirements:
- Work experience as an Accounting Assistant or Accounting Clerk
- Knowledge of basic bookkeeping procedures
- Familiarity with finance regulations and VAT
- Good math skills and the ability to spot numerical errors
- Hands-on experience with MS Excel and accounting software
- Organization skills
- Ability to handle sensitive, confidential information
- Aptitude for math, proficiency with computers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of efficiency, accuracy, and responsibility.
- Motivation and a strong desire to take on new challenges and learn as much as possible.
- BCom/BSc in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
- We need someone with Father’s/Spouse sponsorship
- This will be temp position for a period of 6 months